Construction at Knickerbocker Park is on schedule! The neighborhood park will include a splash pad, tot lots, a dog park area, multi use events field, youth baseball field, jogging path with exercise stations, picnic areas, and designated spaces for future amenities. The $2.2 million project will be located at the southeast corner of Shaumber Road and Dorrell Lane. Keep checking back for more updates, and watch for exciting news about our grand opening event in December!
Recent construction updates include:
– Landscaping throughout the park takes advantage of natural terrain and enhances it with desert landscaping that’s drought tolerant and complements existing plants and trees. Overall it complements the design and landscaping of the Providence master plan so it’s a continuation of the community;
– Nature trail has three exercise stations;
– All playground equipment on soft, resilient surfaces;
– Separate tot lots with attached shade structures for younger children, 2 to 5-years old, and older children, 5 to 12-years old, and one swing set with six swings on soft, resilient surface;
– The Dog Park is surrounded by fencing and 10 trees, and has two sections, one for small dogs and one for large dogs, and a containment area to help protect against dogs getting out of the enclosed area and running away. Each section has its own bench. There is also a pet watering station located outside the Dog Park entry;
– The grass has been overseeded with Perennial Rye;
– A sloped area has been built into the park’s design and surrounds the youth baseball and multi-use fields and allows for seating (instead of bleachers) and great views of the city, and creates a separation from some of the other areas of the park;
– The finishing touches are being added to the baseball field, including the addition of the backstop;
– The overflow parking and the connecting path to the nature trail are almost complete.